UGI is speaking out about a proposed natural gas pipeline that will run through Berks County.
Officials with the Reading-based company said the Commonwealth Pipeline will transport natural gas from the Marcellus and Utica shales to Berks and Chester counties.
UGI told members of the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce on Thursday that the project will mean jobs for the region.
"Folks will be here and throughout the pipeline route constructing pipes and lodging and eating and doing all the things necessary to a project of this enormous size," said Lillian Harris, UGI Corporation.
The 120-mile pipeline should be operating by 2015.
- Pennsylvania President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Updated News April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Southeastern PA Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Berks Local libraries fight to survive cuts