WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A group of Lehigh Valley municipalities have officially announced that they will apply for a special tax zone.
Whitehall Township, Catasaqua Borough and Coplay Borough held a press conference Friday morning.
They say they will submit an application for an Inter-municipal City Revitalization and Improvement Zone--or CRIZ.
Only one zone will be created for townships and boroughs in Pennsylvania.
The municipalities are working with the Whitehall Township Industrial and Commercial Development Authority as part of the project.
The authority says the partnership will be the key to success.
"By going in with a joint application we have a much better opportunity to address not only the economic development needs, but also what Pennsylvania's always pushed for and that's inter- municipal projects," said Howard Lieberman.
Officials are considering seven sites for development if the CRIZ is awarded.
- Berks PPL shifts location of proposed transmission line in Berks
- Updated Lehigh Valley Judge to defendant: 'I will have you removed from the courtroom'
- Updated Politics 69 News Team Coverage: Presidential Inauguration
- Updated Pennsylvania Where does death penalty stand in Pennsylvania?
- Updated Berks Pair of Berks natives face off on Jeopardy
- Updated Pennsylvania - Where does death penalty stand in Pennsylvania?
- Updated Berks - Pair of Berks natives face off on Jeopardy
- Updated Berks - Berks woman co-organizing Women's March on Washington
- Updated Health Beat - Health Beat: Laser tattoo removal
- Lehigh Valley - 62-year-old allegedly assaults hospital guard, nurse