It may soon be time for bacon lovers to hit the panic button.
An industry group said Tuesday that a worldwide bacon shortage is unavoidable.
The United Kingdom's National Pig Association said Europe's pig herd is declining fast, and the trend is being mirrored globally.
Farmers around the world are scaling down their herds because the recent drought has made it more expensive to feed their animals, the group said.
Officials are predicting that the price of European pork will double by next year.
- Lehigh Valley Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Berks Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Lehigh Valley Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Western New Jersey Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- New Lehigh Valley Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Updated Western New Jersey - Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- New Lehigh Valley - Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Updated Arts Around Town - Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- Updated Lehigh Valley - 12 displaced in Allentown apartment fire
- Lehigh Valley - Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run