It may soon be time for bacon lovers to hit the panic button.
An industry group said Tuesday that a worldwide bacon shortage is unavoidable.
The United Kingdom's National Pig Association said Europe's pig herd is declining fast, and the trend is being mirrored globally.
Farmers around the world are scaling down their herds because the recent drought has made it more expensive to feed their animals, the group said.
Officials are predicting that the price of European pork will double by next year.
- Lehigh Valley - VP hopeful Tim Kaine campaigns in Bucks, Lehigh counties
- Berks - Former caregiver charged with homicide in man's death
- Western New Jersey - 2 found dead in Blairstown incident
- Lehigh Valley - 69 News, Salvation Army collect 427 coats
- Lehigh Valley - 'Autism Eats' ensures every family enjoys a meal out