It may soon be time for bacon lovers to hit the panic button.
An industry group said Tuesday that a worldwide bacon shortage is unavoidable.
The United Kingdom's National Pig Association said Europe's pig herd is declining fast, and the trend is being mirrored globally.
Farmers around the world are scaling down their herds because the recent drought has made it more expensive to feed their animals, the group said.
Officials are predicting that the price of European pork will double by next year.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Updated Berks Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Updated Pennsylvania Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Updated Lehigh Valley Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Health Beat Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Health Beat - Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- Weather - Passing showers but more seasonable Friday
- Lehigh Valley - PPL deploying smarter technology
- Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild