READING, Pa. - A tradition in Reading helped residents celebrate the unofficial end of summer.
The 26th annual Labor Day parade stepped off Monday morning from its starting point at 8th and Penn streets in center city.
The parade ended at FirstEnergy Stadium, but the celebration continued with food, live music and the announcement of the parade entry winners.
Mayor Vaughn Spencer served as emcee for the event.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Updated Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Allentown EMS crews honored
- Jose Rosado and the Allentown School District at odds over book
- VFW Awareness Day at Catasauqua school
- UGI Energy Services presents scholarship to Berks foundation
- UGI Defends Proposed Bethlehem Gas Storage Tank Proposal