READING, Pa. - A tradition in Reading helped residents celebrate the unofficial end of summer.
The 26th annual Labor Day parade stepped off Monday morning from its starting point at 8th and Penn streets in center city.
The parade ended at FirstEnergy Stadium, but the celebration continued with food, live music and the announcement of the parade entry winners.
Mayor Vaughn Spencer served as emcee for the event.
- Man accused of Lehigh Valley killing spree pleads guilty
- RNC chief rallies Republicans in Berks
- Jury awards ex-Penn St. assistant coach over $7M
- New Justice has been served according to victim's family
- Easton teacher, union leader passes away
- Halloween celebrated early at Suites and Treats
- Leaked emails raise more questions about Clinton dealings
- Race for Congress: Hartman vs. Smucker
- Stroudsburg man arrested after police seize more than 4,000 bags of heroin
- Search warrant turns up cocaine, cash and stolen handgun