SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - It's a sure sign that summer is on its way: Dorney Park officially opened Friday morning.
Gates opened at 9:30 a.m. for season pass holders, and 10 a.m. for everyone else.
Early in the morning on opening day, the rides were being tested and the park was being readied.
New things for the 2014 season include a full time chef, a food truck, and the Chicken Shack restaurant. There are also new meal plan options, and special memorabilia for the 130th anniversary of the park.
"We just want to make sure everyone comes out and has a good time this weekend and this summer, and we're looking forward to making sure everyone has some family fun," said Carrie Basta Stoltzfus, communications manager for Dorney Park.
Wildwater Kingdom opens on May 24th, and will feature the all-new Snake Pit, which is still under construction.
Check the Dorney Park website for more information on hours, season passes, tickets, special events, and more!
- Judge Joseph Wapner of 'The People's Court' dead at 97
- How to effectively fact-check Donald Trump
- New York Times editor: Trump tweets 'wildly' boost subscriptions
- New York Times editor: Anonymous sources not going away
- Bill Paxton, actor in 'Twister' and 'Aliens,' dies at 61
- Kurdish reporter Shifa Gardi killed in Iraq
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Boscov: An American Story