SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - It's a sure sign that summer is on its way: Dorney Park officially opened Friday morning.
Gates opened at 9:30 a.m. for season pass holders, and 10 a.m. for everyone else.
Early in the morning on opening day, the rides were being tested and the park was being readied.
New things for the 2014 season include a full time chef, a food truck, and the Chicken Shack restaurant. There are also new meal plan options, and special memorabilia for the 130th anniversary of the park.
"We just want to make sure everyone comes out and has a good time this weekend and this summer, and we're looking forward to making sure everyone has some family fun," said Carrie Basta Stoltzfus, communications manager for Dorney Park.
Wildwater Kingdom opens on May 24th, and will feature the all-new Snake Pit, which is still under construction.
Check the Dorney Park website for more information on hours, season passes, tickets, special events, and more!
If you came to this Beijing warehouse at night it would be downright creepy.Read More »
- 5 times Beyoncé has been influenced by Nigerian culture
- WH communications director stepping down
- Denver Post cuts ties with sportswriter over Indy 500 tweet
- Trevor Noah compares Trump era to 'Game of Thrones'
- Sofia Coppola becomes second woman to win Cannes director prize
- Miranda Kerr and Emmy Rossum both marry
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather