EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - As college radio stations go, East Stroudsburg University can say it has the best in the country.
WESS won the coveted mtvU Woodie Award Thursday for the best college radio station.
According to the MTV Woodie website, the candidates are the "radio stations that breathe life into campus culture; the best in the country as determined by peers and a panel of experts."
Other top stations represented University of California at Berkeley, Texas State University at San Marcos, Ball State University and Indiana University.
The mtvU "Woodie Awards" recognizes independent music artists and one college by giving them a record made of wood.
The Woodie Awards will be presented to WESS, as well as winners in other categories like best performances, best collaboration and best 'did it my way' Woodie during a half hour broadcast on Sunday at 8 p.m.
- Jonathan Demme, 'Silence of the Lambs' director, dead at 73
- This theater wants your Shakespearean fan fiction
- 'Frozen': Why kids can't 'Let It Go'
- Adam Levine performs Christina Grimmie tribute on 'The Voice'
- Chicago artist creates a mural of Michelle Obama and nobody's happy
- ESPN will lay off 100 on-air personalities and writers, source says
- 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Updated Motorcycle collides with vehicle in Bath, injuries reported
- Person of interest sought in shooting of 2 men in Reading
- Police: DUI suspect twice the legal limit with kids in car
- State report finds New Jersey teens should start school later
- 2 stores in Cumru robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Rollover crash reported on I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Clouds and some sun with a sprinkle in spots; turning milder this afternoon
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event