BETHLEHEM, Pa. - You can pick up a lot of souvenirs at Musikfest but it'll be hard to top one piece of music memorabilia that's going on the auction block.
It's a special piano signed by 52 people who are some of the biggest stars in the music industry.
And it will go home with the highest bidder.
You may never tickle the ivories on this piano but it will be a conversation starter for years to come.
"It's a Young Chang piano with 52 keys signed by various artists that performed here at Musikfest," said John Zeiner Jr., a piano tech with John J. Zeiner and Sons. "We have it covered with a plexiglas covering to preserve the signatures."
Zeiner came up with the idea after hearing about a similar auction in Florida.
For years, John has been collecting signatures.
"Ray Charles, Rosemary Clooney, Tony Bennett, Lou Rawls, Huey Lewis," said Zeiner.
Zeiner donated the piano to Musikfest 10 years ago and it took five years to get all 52 signatures.
"We were looking for more marquee type musicians, not to slight anybody but we were looking for some names that most people would recognize," added Zeiner.
Organizers placed the piano at the Lehigh Valley Airport as a show piece.
Now it's being auctioned off for charity.
"We wanted to do something special," said Julie Benjamin from ArtsQuest. "We thought it was the 30th anniversary and the piano is sort of a bittersweet moment for us."
"It feels great because we've been involved with Musikfest from day one," said Zeiner.
Even the group Boyz II Men has signed the piano but organizers say this is not the "End of the Road" for the piano.
It's a way to share 30 years of music with a true fan.
"We thought it was a great way to find a new home for someone who loves music and appreciates music as much as we do," added Benjamin.
"It's rather unique," said Zeiner. "So I think we need the right person showing up and taking a liking to it the way we do."
All proceeds of the auction will go to the ArtsQuest Arts education fund.
The auction takes place Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Musikfest Cafe.
A preview of all items starts an hour before.
- A-Rod said to sign on as ABC News contributor
- Music legend Gregg Allman dies at 69
- Hannity hangs on to sponsors after controversial week
- Ariana Grande announces Manchester benefit concert
- James Cameron on Disney's Pandora and why the 'Avatar' sequels are taking so long
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic