BETHLEHEM, Pa., - The chart-topping, Grammy award-winning rockers Weezer will electrify Musikfest on August 9.
Formed in 1992 in Los Angeles, Weezer has released nine full-length albums and six EPs, and has sold more than 10 million records in the U.S. alone.
The group's debut, the triple platinum Weezer (aka ‘The Blue Album'), featured the hits "Buddy Holly," "Undone (The Sweater Song)" and "Say It Ain't So."
In 2003, the record was named one of the Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone.
Weezer has long been known for interacting with its followers, sharing videos, photos and more via its website and social media.
In 2012, the group added a new experience for fans, launching the Weezer Cruise, an on-the-water adventure featuring performances by Weezer and 15 other groups.
Tickets for the 7 p.m. concert are $49-$59 and go on sale Tuesday at 10 a.m. to ArtsQuest members, and May 2 at 10 a.m. to the public.
Tickets will be available at www.musikfest.org and 6100-332-3378.
The 31st edition of Musikfest is set for August 1-10. All but one of the main stage acts have been announced:
Aug. 1: ZZ Top
Aug 3: Jason Derulo
Aug. 4: Sheryl Crow
Aug. 5: The Moody Blues
Aug. 6: Steely Dan
Aug. 7: The Avett Brothers
Aug. 8: Alan Jackson
Aug. 9 Weezer
Aug. 10: Keith Urban
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store to stand trial
- Updated 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Clouds and some sun this afternoon
- Updated Rain slows project, delays reopening of Route 724 in Cumru
- Boutique at the Rink 2017 kicks off next Tuesday
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Finding your authentic self
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations