HERSHEY, Pa. - Hersheypark plans to expand its Chocolate World attraction and close down a 10-year-old water ride to make way for new attractions.
The park announced on its Facebook page that it's shutting down the Roller Soaker attraction and will replace it with unnamed rides. The water ride opened in 2002 and was billed as the Northeast's only interactive water ride.
The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reports the Derry Township supervisors approved a plan for the park to expand Chocolate World in two phases totaling more than 10,000 square feet. Much of the new space would be dedicated to retail.
Sean Hannity's decision to promote a baseless conspiracy theory about the murder of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich has brought new public pressure on Fox News, just as it was beginning to emerge from a year of high-profile scandals.Read More »
- Trevor Noah on processing tragedy on late-night
- Ariana Grande cancels upcoming shows on her tour
- Al Jazeera blocked by Saudi Arabia, Qatar blames fake news
- Kit Harington discusses life after 'Game of Thrones'
- Bieber fans want UK tour cancellation
- James Corden getting Snapchat show
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Updated Allentown rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Updated Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Updated Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event