HERSHEY, Pa. - Hersheypark plans to expand its Chocolate World attraction and close down a 10-year-old water ride to make way for new attractions.
The park announced on its Facebook page that it's shutting down the Roller Soaker attraction and will replace it with unnamed rides. The water ride opened in 2002 and was billed as the Northeast's only interactive water ride.
The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reports the Derry Township supervisors approved a plan for the park to expand Chocolate World in two phases totaling more than 10,000 square feet. Much of the new space would be dedicated to retail.
- Conservative provocateur targets CNN with secret recordings
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- 'Very few' tickets remain for Miranda Lambert in Reading
- Melania Trump drops controversial language from $150 million defamation suit
- Kellyanne Conway sidelined from TV after Flynn debacle
- Russia accuses Western media of spreading 'fake news'
- Updated Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University