(CNN) - James Corden had a good reason for missing Tuesday night's episode of "The Late Late Show."
The talk-show host was with his wife, Julia Carey, as she gave birth to their third child, a girl.
"Today we welcomed a beautiful baby daughter into the world," Corden tweeted. "Both she and her mother are doing great."
He thanked singer Harry Styles, who agreed to fill in as host with only a few hours' notice.
Corden and Carey, who married in 2012, are already the parents of son Max, 6, and daughter Carey, 3.
- Howard Kurtz's new book on Trump White House offers scathing critique of the media
- Bill Cosby performs first stand-up show since 2015
- See the full list of 2018 Oscar nominees
- Netflix joins the exclusive $100 billion club
- Oscars spread the wealth, offering something for everyone
- Neil Diamond, fan favorite in Reading, retires from touring
- Mt. Penn woman, 88, killed in crash on Route 422 in Exeter
- Francis Dougherty: Told to find contract for donor 'by any means possible'
- Congressman saw aide as 'soul mate,' but denies misconduct
- Updated Qu'eed Batts makes case for more lenient sentence
- Local congressmen weigh in on redrawing of political districts
- Woman hits 3 students; rain, fog hinder her sight
- 'Promise plan' aims to provide free tuition for Pa. HS grads
- Local business leaders fill LVCC annual economic outlook event
- Woman, 86, placed on probation after plea in bank robbery
- FTC orders Bollman to stop using 'Made in USA' claim