(CNN) - Jonah Hill's new bod might be the biggest surprise of the summer.
The actor stepped out over the weekend looking almost unrecognizable.
Hill's followers immediately began commenting on social media that his fit overhaul was inspiring.
"Jonah hill is weight loss goals.. bruuuh," one user wrote.
"My motivation for weight loss is skinny Jonah Hill," tweeted another Hill fan.
Hill's weight has fluctuated over the years. He gained 40 pounds for his role in the 2015 film "War Dogs."
Hill credits his recent slim down to some advice from his pal and "21 Jump Street" co-star, Channing Tatum.
"I wanted to get in better shape, so I called Channing Tatum and said, 'Hey, if I ate less and go to a trainer, will I get in better shape?'" Hill said during an interview on "The Tonight Show." "Yes, you dumb mother****er, of course you will. It's the simplest thing in the entire world."
Clearly, it worked!
- Bill Cosby to hold townhalls on sex assault
- John Oliver sued by coal CEO claiming 'character assassination'
- DeMario Jackson will not be returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- Emma Watson is leaving copies of 'The Handmaid's Tale' around Paris
- Ron Howard steps in to direct Han Solo 'Star Wars' film
- 'The Big Sick' delivers healing dose of heart and comedy
- DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Fire destroys building, several vehicles in Berks
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- New Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Allentown to discuss banning "conversion therapy"
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Students attend special summer camp at Kutztown U.
- Company cuts ribbon on organic chicken hatchery