BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Musikfest is getting a head start on booking concerts for its 2013 festival.
To celebrate the festival's 30th year, Darius Rucker is the first act announced for next year.
The country star will take the Sands Steel Stage at PNC Plaza at SteelStacks on August 9.
Since the release of 2008's "Learn to Live," Rucker has been a mainstay on the country charts. On the strength of three No. 1 singles - "Don't Think I Don't Think About It," "It Won't Be Like This for Long" and "Alright" - Learn to Live spent 82 weeks on the Billboard charts and earned Rucker the Country Music Association's Top New Artist award.
A native of South Carolina, Rucker first rose to fame as the lead singer for the Grammy-winning group Hootie & the Blowfish.
Tickets for Rucker's show will go on sale to ArtsQuest members Tuesday, Dec. 18 and to the general public on Friday, Dec. 21 at musikfest.org or 610-332-3378.
Ticket prices are $39 and $54.
- Hannity hangs on to sponsors after controversial week
- Ariana Grande announces Manchester benefit concert
- James Cameron on Disney's Pandora and why the 'Avatar' sequels are taking so long
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Sarah Silverman: If 'you're not political, you're complicit in the insanity'
- Melania Trump visits Sicily, wears $51,500 designer jacket
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Updated Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump