BETHLEHEM, Pa. - At 30, Musikfest is getting a bit of a makeover.
The nation's largest free music festival is kicking off its 30th anniversary celebration with a brand new look with a new logo and a new poster.
The poster was created by ArtsQuest Graphic Designer David Blank.
It highlights some Bethlehem landmarks like the SteelStacks and the Hotel Bethlehem.
"The goal with the Musikfest 2013 poster was to create an image in which every element of the artwork is alive," says Blank. "By using blue, orange and golden hues prominently in the work, it gives the poster an outward glow, something that's meant to highlight that magical time at Musikfest when the sun is setting and all of the festival stages are coming to life."
This is only the third new logo in the festival's history.
Around a million people flock to Bethlehem each August to enjoy the sounds of more than 300 artists performing on 14 different stages during the 10-day event.
The 2013 Musikfest dates are August 2-11.
The official poster is available for sale right now for $9.99 at the ArtsQuest store or by calling the Stacks Shop at the ArtsQuest Center at 610-297-7115.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored