BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The official numbers are in and ArtsQuest says Musikfest attendance hit a high note this year.
An estimated 993,000 people attended the 10-day festival earlier this month.
That's up eight-percent from last year.
Artsquest also says around 41,000 people attended concerts at the Sands Steel stage during the festival.
"This year's Musikfest lineup was probably one of the most diverse in our history, and while rain had an impact on a few days, the weather was definitely more favorable than the past two years," says ArtsQuest President Jeff Parks.
"These two factors, coupled with the minor changes we made to enhance the festival, resulted in a great experience for our guests and a good year for the festival overall. While we know that attendance was up, complete financial information will not be available until mid- to late-October," Parks added.
This year marked the 30th anniversary of Musikfest, which is the nation's largest free, non-gated music festival.
For a long time Alisyn Camerota was reluctant to describe the dark side of working at Fox News.Read More »
- Erin Moran, 'Happy Days' actress, dead at 56
- 'Rocky' pet shop demolished in Philadelphia
- Cuba Gooding Sr. found dead in car
- 'X- Files' is returning
- Rob Lowe is your new Colonel Sanders
- How to see Minneapolis through Prince's eyes
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts