HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Hollywood made a stop in Hanover Township Thursday. Lehigh Valley International Airport was transformed into the backdrop for a new show on NBC.
For hours Thursday there were more cameras, crews and actors at the airport than airplanes. It's all for future episodes of new NBC drama 'Do No Harm' staring Rescue Me's Steven Pasquale. It's a modern day twist on the classic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde story.
"It's about a guy who has two personalities in one body," explained Director Omar Madha. "They switch over 8:25 in the evening and 8:25 in the morning."
"It's about his battles with his inner demon and his work as a brilliant neurosurgeon in Philadelphia," added Location Manager Demian Resnick.
That's right, the entire show is based in Philly. So why was it lights, camera, action in the Valley?
"Normally airports are a gigantic pain," smiled Madha. "An awful awful pain."
The crew tells us they were surprised at how helpful the LVIA staff and management were.
"They worked with us in terms of our logistics and production schedule," said Resnick. "Just to make it a really friendly place to work."
More than 100 people from all over the area were a part of the shooting as background actors.
"I know we got as many of them as possible from the Allentown area as we could," shared Resnick.
So you may recognize someone you know when the show kicks off. 'Do No Harm' premiers January 31st on NBC.
- Gong Yoo on becoming South Korea's leading man
- A-Rod said to sign on as ABC News contributor
- Music legend Gregg Allman dies at 69
- Hannity hangs on to sponsors after controversial week
- Ariana Grande announces Manchester benefit concert
- James Cameron on Disney's Pandora and why the 'Avatar' sequels are taking so long
- Updated Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Updated Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Updated A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury