HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Hollywood made a stop in Hanover Township Thursday. Lehigh Valley International Airport was transformed into the backdrop for a new show on NBC.
For hours Thursday there were more cameras, crews and actors at the airport than airplanes. It's all for future episodes of new NBC drama 'Do No Harm' staring Rescue Me's Steven Pasquale. It's a modern day twist on the classic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde story.
"It's about a guy who has two personalities in one body," explained Director Omar Madha. "They switch over 8:25 in the evening and 8:25 in the morning."
"It's about his battles with his inner demon and his work as a brilliant neurosurgeon in Philadelphia," added Location Manager Demian Resnick.
That's right, the entire show is based in Philly. So why was it lights, camera, action in the Valley?
"Normally airports are a gigantic pain," smiled Madha. "An awful awful pain."
The crew tells us they were surprised at how helpful the LVIA staff and management were.
"They worked with us in terms of our logistics and production schedule," said Resnick. "Just to make it a really friendly place to work."
More than 100 people from all over the area were a part of the shooting as background actors.
"I know we got as many of them as possible from the Allentown area as we could," shared Resnick.
So you may recognize someone you know when the show kicks off. 'Do No Harm' premiers January 31st on NBC.
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Updated Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart
- Updated State police find drugs in false-bottom cans during Nazareth raid
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot