ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The PPL Center arena is getting ready to notch a number of firsts.
The new home of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey team will also host concerts and other events.
The Phantoms will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. Thursday to announce the first major concert event for the new venue.
|Who would you like to see as the 1st concert? Let us know on our Facebook page!|
According to officials, the arena can hold 8.500 for hockey games and 10,000 for concerts.
The arena, located at Seventh and Hamilton streets in downtown Allentown, is scheduled to open for the minor league team's season in September.
- Music legend Gregg Allman dies at 69
- Hannity hangs on to sponsors after controversial week
- Ariana Grande announces Manchester benefit concert
- James Cameron on Disney's Pandora and why the 'Avatar' sequels are taking so long
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Sarah Silverman: If 'you're not political, you're complicit in the insanity'
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival