(CNN) - The rebirth of Colonel Sanders continues.
KFC has brought actor Rob Lowe on as its new colonel to debut its Zinger sandwich.
The new Zinger is described as a "100 percent white meat breast filet, hand-breaded and fried to a golden brown by trained cooks in every KFC kitchen, and served with lettuce and Colonel's mayonnaise on a toasted sesame seed bun."
Lowe is described as a hunk who may seem an unusual candidate to play the elderly, fictitious Colonel Harland Sanders.
But KFC has been enlisting various stars to don the white suit including Billy Zane, Jim Gaffigan, Norm Macdonald, George Hamilton and Darrell Hammond.
Lowe, best known for his roles in "West Wing" and "Parks and Recreation" has had quite a few interesting roles in the years past.
There was troubled movie star Eddie Nero in Showtime's "Californication" in which Lowe only guest starred for a few episodes, but made quite an impact on fans.
Nero was known to speak his often profanity laden mind.
The actor's turn as plastic surgeon Dr. Jack Startz in the HBO Liberace biopic "Behind the Candelabra" was something else.
And who could forget the various incarnations of Lowe in those quirky Direct TV ads?
Perhaps Lowe as the Colonel isn't that odd after all.
- Ciara and Russell Wilson welcome baby girl
- How 'Thelma' still drives Geena Davis
- 100 days in, Howard Stern was 100% right about Donald Trump
- Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Fyre Festival: When a $12,000 luxury festival in paradise turns into chaos
- How hard work paid off for the brothers who run Tyler Perry Studios
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business