(CNN) - Snoop Dogg isn't the only celeb to be open about his love of weed, but he's definitely the OG.
The rapper has been lighting up fans since his debut on Dr. Dre's aptly titled "The Chronic" in 1992. So it makes sense that he was one of the first to offer Twitter well-wishes on 4/20 aka "Weed Day."
Snoop tweeted "4 m****f***in 20 #merryjane" bright and early Thursday. He also shared some imagery, including a headline about a plan by Bob Marley's son, Damian, to buy a former prison and transform it into a marijuana farm.
"I may b next lil bruh great chess move," Snoop wrote in the caption.
Snoop put his money where his mouth often is and has been reaping the harvest from legalized pot.
The cannabis connoisseur is a key investor in Casa Verde Capital, a venture capital firm which invests in marijuana start-ups.
Snoop told Esquire last year he's happy to see the change in attitudes about pot, though "I wish it had changed 15 years ago when they was taking me to jail for it."
"I feel like marijuana is a real peace conversation -- what I mean by that is the form of peace in a conversation," he said. "Any time you have a couple of people smoking, they're never hostile or angry."
Snoop just wants us all to be buds.
The Civic Theatre in Allentown is getting ready for its next act.Read More »
- Kim Kardashian after robbery: 'I'm such a different person'
- Johnny Depp turns up at Disneyland as Capt. Jack Sparrow (and fans lose it)
- Chris Soules breaks silence after arrest, fatal accident
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' stars see show as 'scarily relevant'
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- 'Unbreakable'-'Split' sequel announced by M. Night Shyamalan
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB closed due to an ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Health Beat: Alzheimer's or something else?
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough