ALBANY TWP., Pa. - Some folks aren't letting the potential snow storm keep them from thinking about spring. Volunteers and state officials spent part of the afternoon stocking trout in the Ontelaunee Creek.
In the coming weeks, 3.2 million trout will be put in more than 700 streams.
The majority of fish are stocked this way by a great group of volunteers, basically that come out a lot of anglers that like to fish, obviously," said Lee Cryer of the PA Fish and Boat Commission.
Trout season in Berks County opens on March 30th.
President Vladimir Putin's government has a problem with fake news.Read More »
- 'Flip or Flop' exes 'look forward to continuing the show'
- Eddie Van Halen helps bring music back to schools
- Films in 2016 saw record number of female lead roles
- Eric Church goes after scalpers ahead of return to Reading
- Hunter Hayes set to perform at SteelStacks July 27
- Sitcoms that influenced us and our parenting
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting in Allentown
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Updated Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery
- Updated Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Bethlehem Township man killed in motorcycle crash