ALBANY TWP., Pa. - Some folks aren't letting the potential snow storm keep them from thinking about spring. Volunteers and state officials spent part of the afternoon stocking trout in the Ontelaunee Creek.
In the coming weeks, 3.2 million trout will be put in more than 700 streams.
The majority of fish are stocked this way by a great group of volunteers, basically that come out a lot of anglers that like to fish, obviously," said Lee Cryer of the PA Fish and Boat Commission.
Trout season in Berks County opens on March 30th.
- Updated Man accused of Lehigh Valley killing spree pleads guilty
- Hundreds attend fundraiser for local cyclist
- Updated Periods of rain and drizzle this afternoon into this evening
- Reince Priebus to address Berks Republicans ahead of election
- Updated Arts Around Town: High sea adventure at Muhlenberg with 'Pirates of Penzance'
- PPL Center adds metal detectors
- 69 News winner of 2017 People's Choice award
- Reading a stop on Miranda Lambert's upcoming tour
- Updated St. Luke's Quakertown achieves Trauma Center status
- N.Y. trio facing hundreds of charges for fake credit cards