The Melting Pot in Bethlehem offers a unique dining experience -- fondue. Chef Philip Kresge and server Nikki Adams joined 69 News at Sunrise to talk about their Ladies Night event, Christmas in July and whip us up some delicious fondue!
Fiesta Cheese for 1
1 1/4 oz (vol) Beer Base
1 1/2 oz (vol) Fresh Salsa
2 1/2 oz (w) Cheddar/Swiss Blend
1 oz (vol) Jalapeños
5 turns Black Pepper, freshly-ground
*When making cheese ensure the recipes are followed exactly and exact measurements are used. Since the cheese is small, even a small mistake can have a drastic impact on flavor and consistency.
1. Add the beer base to the liner, then place the fork inside the liner.
2. Add salsa and stir with fork to incorporate.
3. Add 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
4. Add the next 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
5. Add the remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all the cheese is melted and incorporated, using a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
6. Add fresh jalapeño peppers with demi spoon according to guest preference: 1 (1/2) demi spoon is mild, 2 (1) is medium hot and 3 (1 1/2) is hot.
7. Add pepper, then fold and stir with fork to incorporate all ingredients.
8. Remove the cheese fork from the liner, without scraping against the liner, and place fork in cheese bowl.
2 cups Salsa (Medium)
2 cups (12 oz w) Tomatoes, diced
1 cup (8 oz w) White Onions, diced
6 TBL Cilantro, chopped
6 TBL Jalapeños, diced
1 tsp Salt, Kosher
1/2 tsp Black Pepper, freshly-ground
1. Sanitize all utensils prior to using.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix gently using a rubber spatula.
4. Transfer to storage container using a rubber spatula.
5. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
6. For use on the line, transfer into a 1/9 pan fitted with a false bottom.
Allentown, PA 18102