When people think of the SteelStacks they think music, festivals and art, but now it's becoming a destination for food.
Executive Chef Michael Hoffman from Artsquest is in the kitchen.
BBQ Pork Ribs
2 racks baby back ribs
1/4 cup dry rub
1/4 cup liquid smoke flavoring
1. Slice connective skin on back 2x
2. Dry rub both sides with bbq rub (or current flavor option)
3. Use a 6" full pan on rack, stand the 8 racks back to back in hotel pan
4. Water until level with rack then add liquid smoke
5. Covering plastic and foil
6. Bake at 280 degrees for 6 hours or until desired tenderness.
4 Pounds Beef brisket
1 tablespoon Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Black pepper, ground
20 fluid ounces Barbecue sauce
10 each Hoagie or Kaiser rolls
4 fluid ounces Melted butter
1. Season the brisket with salt and pepper, place on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast in a 325°F oven until fork tender, about 5 hours.
2. Cool. Trim off excess fat. Slice or shred the meat.
3. Mix with the barbecue sauce and reheat to 160°F in a 350°F oven or over medium heat on a stovetop.
4. For each sandwich, slice a roll, leaving the bread hinged. Brush with melted butter, then grill. Place the barbecued beef on the grilled roll and serve open-faced.
Allentown, PA 18102