TOWAMENCIN TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Twenty-two-year-old Chrystopher Darrell Thompson of Ambler was arrested Saturday on indecent assault charges stemming from an incident that happened in December in Towamencin Township, Montgomery County.
Thompson has been charged with aggravated indecent assault, unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of a minor, indecent assault and simple assault.
After being arraigned, Thompson was committed to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility in lieu of $75,000 bail.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Dec. 17, Towamencin Township police was summoned to the 1500 block of Franklin Street in the township for a disturbance call.
Several people were at the residence and police heard yelling and screaming inside.
They located a 16-year-old girl who was visibly upset and said Thompson inappropriately had touched her.
Police were told Thompson had been kissing the girl's mother on a bed. The girl was seated on the same bed, partially covered with a blanket, when Thompson reached under the blanket and assaulted her with his hand.
The mother observed movement under the blanket and immediately confronted Thompson.
He stopped what he was doing and left before police arrived at the house.
A warrant for Thompson's arrest was issued Friday, after Towamencin Township police completed their investigation into the incident.
On Saturday, Ambler police arrested Thompson, who lived in the 200 block of E. Park Avenue in the borough, and turned him over to Towamencin police.
Pennsylvania State Police are asking for the public's help in a Chest County homicide that took place decades ago.Read More »
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations