READING, Pa. - A minivan crashed into scaffolding around a building in Reading late Friday afternoon.
Emergency crews got the call around 5 p.m. to respond to the area of North 8th and Elm streets.
The minivan went through a construction fence around the old Ludens building and continued into the scaffolding.
Initial reports were that two people were in the minivan, but officials on the scene had no information about whether they were injured, but witnesses told 69 News they were transported to a hospital to be checked out.
An accident involving two tractor trailers closed a stretch of one of Berks County's busiest highways for several hours Wednesday.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Person of interest sought in shooting of 2 men in Reading
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Updated More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Updated Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Meet Jim Kane, space race computer programmer
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees