SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Drivers in Lehigh County may have spotted a helicopter landing at a local high school Monday, but officials say it was all about education.
A MedEvac helicopter landed outside of Parkland High School around 1:30 p.m.
Students in the school's fire science course were then able to tour the chopper.
School officials tell us the students just wrapped up the medical portion of their training, and this gave them a chance to observe, firsthand, how crews work on-board emergency medical helicopters.
- Updated Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85