It's time to head to the kitchen where this morning we're joined by the Country Meadows Bethlehem Campus.
69 News is in the kitchen with General Manager Michael Williams and Executive Chef Joseph Dreher.
Award Winning Chili
• 1 Spanish onion (Diced)
• ½ cup Diced celery
• 1T of Minced garlic
• 2 Cans kidney beans
• 2 Cans diced tomatoes
• 1cup Ketchup
• .25cups Mustard
• 2lbs Ground beef
• 3T Chili powder
• 1T Cumin
• 1t Salt (to taste)
• 1t Pepper (to taste)
• 3T Paprika
• 1T Ground mustard
• 4T Chives
• 2t Coriander
• 3T Beef base
• .25 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Sauté onion, celery and garlic in a heavy bottom 2 gal sauce pot.
2. Brown ground beef off drain grease.
3. Mix in kidney beans, diced tomatoes, ketchup and mustard.
4. Add above seasonings
5. Mix in beef base
6. 2 cups water
7. Bring to a boil turn down to a simmer for an hour.
8. Half way through simmer add chocolate stir.
BBQ Meat Loaf
• 10LB Ground chuck
• 1.5LB French's onions
• ½ CUP Bread crumbs
• 2 Eggs
• 1 Cup BBQ sauce
• 1t Salt & pepper
• Garlic onion powder
• ½ LB Cheddar cheese
• 1 LB Bacon
1. Combine ground chuck with crushed up French’s onions, bread crumbs, eggs, BBQ Sauce and season well.
2. Mix all Ingredients together very well.
3. Place on a well-greased sheet pan.
4. Form the mixture into a loaf, make a channel in the middle then stuff with cheese.
5. Close the channel by pushing the meat back together.
6. Then pat the meat loaf to get some of the air out and prevent it from cracking.
7. Cut the bacon in half, take the cut bacon and start to wrap the meat loaf. Repeat this until the whole meat loaf is covered.
8. Place meat loaf in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
• 2- 4oz Chicken breast
• 2 Eggs
• 1 ½ cup flour
• 1 ½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
• 1oz Marinara sauce
• 1lb Mozzarella cheese
1. Cut the chicken breast in half.
2. Pound the chicken thin.
3. Set up a breading station seasoned flour, eggs beaten and bread crumbs.
4. Dip chicken in flour then egg and to finish bread crumbs.
5. Place in hot 350 degree oil fry until golden brown.
6. Place on sheet pan and then put a thin layer of sauce on top of chicken, followed by a generous amount of cheese.
7. Place chicken in an oven on broil cook until temperature hits 165 degrees and cheese is golden brown.