READING, Pa. - The search has ended for a woman accused of leaving her small children alone in a room with drugs and a loaded gun.
Jessica Torres was recently apprehended in North Carolina and was returned to Berks County on Wednesday night, authorities said.
Torres left three children near crack cocaine and a loaded handgun in the bedroom of an apartment on North 10th Street in Reading in January, police said.
Torres was committed to the Berks County Jail on $50,000 bail.
The Boyertown girl's basketball team defeated North Allegheny, 46-35, on Friday night at Hershey's Giant Center as the lady Bears won their first-ever state championship.Read More »
- Royals pick up a point in overtime loss to Adirondack
- Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge rehab center expands
- Reading boys enjoy pep rally, not taking support for granted
- Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- Police ID victim of fatal pedestrian accident in Marion
- BBB: Reading Wins First Ever State Championship
- Arrest made in overnight Allentown shooting
- Fmr CIA Director reportedly accused Michael Flynn of working to oust Fetullah Gulen
- Fmr Russian spy shares stories of life as double agent
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old girl multiple times
- Allentown man dies in motorcycle crash
- IronPigs show off 2nd largest video board in MiLB
- PennDOT to resurface 15 miles of highway in Bucks County
- 12 mile stretch of Northeast Extension to close overnight
- Law enforcement pushes for return to mandatory minimum sentences