"Because the Hope Credit is not at all refundable, that's potentially $1,000 dollars out of the pocket of a college student, and when you're trying to go to college, $1,000 is a lot of money," said Williams.
4 tax breaks for parents on the chopping block
Tax breaks expire Jan. 1
Published: Oct 11 2012 05:47:13 AM EDT Updated On: Oct 11 2012 02:36:19 PM EDT
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More News From Around The Region
- Alburtis man dies from injuries from Thursday accident
- Local woman recalls Mandela's speech
- Easton police investigate graffiti incidents
- Drivers, Penndot prepare for storm
- Fire breaks out in meat shop
- Woman ordered to jail for death of baby granddaughter
- Temple to cut 7 sports, including baseball, rowing
- Philly sushi bar owner stabs would-be robber
- Thieves leave local senior center in the cold
- Yenser's Tree Farm hosts "Trees for Troops"
- Shelter says more abused dogs found in Poconos
- Hazleton council comes up with 'package deal' to get money to pay workers
- Last public hearing on Warren Haven nursing home held
- Church loses thousands to recently closed oil company
- NJ’s 2013 elections break spending records