It's not clear what Congress will decide to do about the sequester after the two months are up. If left in place for the whole year, the sequester would have reduced spending authority in 2013 by roughly $110 billion.
Fiscal cliff bill stops many tax hikes, but leaves big issues pending
Debt ceiling, long-term reform left unresolved
Published: Jan 01 2013 02:27:49 AM EST Updated On: Jan 01 2013 11:42:21 PM EST
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More News From Around The Region
- Unofficial winner: Donchez over Reynolds in Bethlehem mayoral race
- Police: Pedestrian dies after being struck by SUV in Allentown
- Callahan wins Democratic nod for Northampton County executive
- Francis Acosta wins Democratic nod for Reading City Council president
- Motorcyclist killed in crash with car in Amity, police say
- Firefighters prevent Burger King from going up in flames
- Project could bring jobs to Quakertown
- Police searching for armed and dangerous man
- Red Cross sets up website to help tornado victims contact loved ones
- Officials bust major heroin trafficking operation in Monroe County
- Fifth man, sought in suspected meth lab blast, arrested
- Man charged in death of fellow nursing home resident
- Revel not reveling in success
- 2 projects funded by state transportation grant
- NJ lawmakers to make smoking 21 and over?