Smithfield Foods shares edged lower after the meat processor posted a drop in earnings due to weak exports to Japan, China and Russia. The company announced an agreement earlier this year to be acquired by China's Shuanghui International, a deal now awaiting approval from the U.S. government.
Jobs report and Syria fears whipsaw stocks
Dow closes lower for first time this week
Published: Sep 06 2013 09:47:02 AM EDT Updated On: Sep 08 2013 03:05:18 PM EDT
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More News From Around The Region
- National HS Hall of Fame pulls out of Easton's new intermodal facility
- Allentown woman accused of raping 13-yr-old heads to trial
- Group hopes to restore historic mansion
- Thief has change of heart, returns stolen Christmas decorations
- Many sickened by criminal charges against former police chief
- Cold snap could hurt retailers
- 2 men face rape charges in Chester Co.
- Woman accused of stealing $81K from church's accounts
- Bucks County Playhouse expansion plans could be foiled by FEMA
- Pocono woman killed in VT skiing accident
- Police: Charges likely after fraternity pledge's death
- Man accused of beating woman, arson, says 'devil made me do it'
- Immigration tuition bill advances in NJ
- 10 cats killed in N.J. fire
- Police: 63-year old man air-lifted after vehicle crash