Smithfield Foods shares edged lower after the meat processor posted a drop in earnings due to weak exports to Japan, China and Russia. The company announced an agreement earlier this year to be acquired by China's Shuanghui International, a deal now awaiting approval from the U.S. government.
Jobs report and Syria fears whipsaw stocks
Dow closes lower for first time this week
Published: Sep 06 2013 09:47:02 AM EDT Updated On: Sep 08 2013 03:05:18 PM EDT
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More News From Around The Region
- Williams Twp. approves 60 percent tax hike
- Police: Woman facing charges for selling stolen heirloom necklace
- Cancer patients treated to Christmas cheer from former patient
- Klein's launches bus service between Berks, Valley Forge Casino
- Explosion sparks underground fire near school
- Berks Women in Crisis awarded $125K grant
- Woman accused of stealing $81K from church's accounts
- Bucks County Playhouse expansion plans could be foiled by FEMA
- Montgomery Co. man charged in fatal trash truck accident
- Man accused of beating woman, arson, says 'devil made me do it'
- Police probe death of student injured during fraternity ritual
- Recount still possible in Schuylkill District Attorney's race
- Police: 63-year old man air-lifted after vehicle crash
- Freeholders can offer only cold comfort to social service providers anxious over looming state budget cuts
- Town council asked to consider new rules governing liquor licenses and trees