2 sleeping children badly burned in Lancaster house fire

LANCASTER, Pa. - Two young girls are being treated at a Lehigh Valley hospital for serious burns after a fire broke out in their bedroom as they slept.

Lancaster fire officials said the girls, ages 5 and 8, were carried out of the burning room early Tuesday by their father. He then went back into the home to try to contain the flames before fire crews arrived.

Investigators said the fire in the South Ann Street home started just a few feet from the older girl, who suffered more severe injuries.

The girls were taken to the Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest burn center for treatment.

Pennsylvania State Police have ruled the fire an accident. They blamed it on an electrical problem.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102




  • 90%

This Week's Circulars

Latest from the newsroom