ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It's a unique culinary fundraiser that features area restaurants competing against one another.
The common ingredient?
Girl Scout cookies!
The Girl Scout Cookie Crunch gets underway on Sunday, February 26 at 1PM at ArtsQuest.
Jason Shafer, Chef de Cuisine at Centro, Mark Demko from ArtsQuest and Girl Scout Lucy Chelton from Sellersville joined WFMZ's Eve Russo on 69 News at Sunrise to give us a preview and to show us some of the many uses for Girl Scout cookies!
RECIPES FEATURED ON TODAY'S SHOW:
Girl Scout Lemonade Ricotta Gnocchi
1 box Lemonade Girl Scout Cookies
2 cups AP Flour
4 Whole Eggs
1.5 lb Ricotta Cheese
1 tbs. Fresh Sage
4 oz Butter
Combine the eggs and ricotta together until smooth, using a spatula fold in powdered Lemonade cookies and flour until dough forms.
Take handful of dough and roll into thin half inch wide rows on a floured cutting board or table top.
Using a knife cut down the rows in half inch increments creating “pillows”.
In a pot of boiling water drop and cook gnocchi until they float, than remove and coat in oil to prevent sticking.
In a saucepan melt butter and add sage, simmer briefly on low eat, toss cooked gnocchi in the sauce, season and enjoy.
Lucy's Pudding Lasagna
5oz box instant vanilla pudding, made according to box instructions
8oz container of cool whip thawed in fridge
4 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping (chilled in fridge)
1 package S'mores Girl Scout Cookies
Chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows for garnish
Prepare before construction:
1. In a bowl, combine instant pudding with half of the cool whip - this is your pudding mixture
2. In a separate bowl, combine rest of cool whip with hot fudge - this is your fudge mixture
3. In a plastic ziploc bag, crush S'mores cookies - do not crush into a powder. You want some chunks for a good texture. Be sure to leave a few cookies aside for garnish.
Construction of the lasagna:
In a clear dish/bowl/container...
1. Begin with a layer of the pudding mixture, tap the dish to even out the pudding in bottom layer
2. Second layer - S'mores cookie crumbs - add enough to create a thick enough layer
3. Third layer - pudding mixture
4. Fourth layer - fudge mixture
5. Fifth layer - pudding mixture
6. Sixth layer - S'mores cookie crumbs
7. Seventh layer - pudding mixture
8. Garnish the top with chocolate chunks, marshmallows, cookie crumbs and a half cookie - Let your imagination fly with your garnish - there is no wrong way. Just make it fun and yummy looking!
Use your imagination with this lasagna. You can layer it however you want. Use different cookies and puddings - Lemonades with lemon pudding; Peanut Butter Patties with chocolate pudding, etc. Make it your own by being creative and having fun in the kitchen!
- APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Pennsylvania's first marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Updated City Council acts to ensure vacancies filled by members of same party
- Updated Association moving forward with plans to revitalize three neighborhoods
- Updated Hamburg copes with half a foot of snow
- Updated South Whitehall grants second extension to developer
- Updated Reading School District discussing moving grades around
- No snow days for day care centers