SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Easter is right around the corner, which has many people thinking candy!
Local candy shops, like Josh Early Candies in South Whitehall Twp., Lehigh County, are busy.
Owners at Josh Early say Easter is their busiest time of year, right next to Christmas.
They make almost all of their own candies and chocolates, so it's all hands on deck during the busy seasons.
"Easter gets pretty crazy. Everybody is here in full force, clerks, packers. Production is at full force, and we sell over 400 varieties of candy so that translates into quite a variety of Easter candy," said Barry Dobil, Sr., president and owner.
Josh Early's signature Easter candies include peanut-rolled eggs and giant hand-rolled eggs, which Melanie Falcon of 69 News learned how to make from start to finish.
Check out the video to see how it's done!
Easter is on Sunday, April 20th this year.
Josh Early stores are located at 4640 Tilghman St. in South Whitehall, and at 3620 Nazareth Pike in Bethlehem.
- Updated Fatal wreck closes portion of Cherryville Road in Allen Twp.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Updated Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County
- Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch