Today firefighters drive to the scene in trucks perfectly-equipped to help them battle flames, but back in the day horses helped carry their equipment.
You can learn more about how firefighters used to fight fires in a fire prevention exhibit at the Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum in Allentown Saturday.
Firefighter Ron Smith was there Saturday morning with a preview.
- Updated 4th winter storm this month to bring snow through Wednesday
- Updated ESU women's basketball manager meets Steph Curry
- Updated Berks couple charged after dead baby found inside apartment
- Turnpike announces restrictions due to approaching storm
- Updated Crews race against Mother Nature to set up Lehigh Valley Auto Show
- Updated PennDOT prepares for yet another winter storm
- Updated Winter storm warning for Berks through 8 p.m. Wednesday
- Updated Hospital expansion to create 38 new jobs in downtown Reading
- Testimony: Funeral plans alerted authorities to child death
- Spring means Rita's for some and snow shovels for others