Today firefighters drive to the scene in trucks perfectly-equipped to help them battle flames, but back in the day horses helped carry their equipment.
You can learn more about how firefighters used to fight fires in a fire prevention exhibit at the Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum in Allentown Saturday.
Firefighter Ron Smith was there Saturday morning with a preview.
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Body image
- 5 smart money moves
- The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass to play Allentown
- Hanukkah celebrations underway at the Jewish Community Center of the Lehigh Valley
- Life Lessons: Parents should be present during trauma care
- Josh Early Candies prepares for holiday season
- Updated Light snow early this morning but clearing skies later in the day
- Early-morning fire drives Reading family from their home
- Family of Jamie Metzger never gave up hope they'd find her
- Schwenksville comes together to support Luken family
- Lukens family receives outpouring of support after deadly fire
- Lehigh County nursing homes to reap benefits from federal program
- Lower Nazareth hears request for usage changes for warehouse property
- No tax increase for Easton in 2018
- Updated Man hospitalized after shooting in Reading
- Easton council gets earful on reducing penalties for marijuana