WIND GAP, Pa. - Fitness Friday is going to new heights!
WFMZ's Melanie Falcon learned about rock climbing for her third installment of the segment, which she did at North Summit Climbing Gym in Wind Gap, Northampton County.
Damon Gaun, owner of North Summit Climbing Gym, says there are three types of climbing: bouldering, top rope, and lead climbing.
He says all three are great workouts- that you probably won't even know you're getting because you're having so much fun! He says rock climbing promotes strength, flexibility, balance, and weight loss.
Check out the video to see how it's done, and also to see our own Melanie Falcon try it out!
Two Lehigh Valley sisters take the guesswork out of choosing beauty products.Read More »
- MacArthur Road celebrates 75th anniversary
- Tips for clean, sustainable eating in honor of Earth Day
- Sunrise Chef: Savory Grille in Macungie
- Southside Arts and Music Festival kicks off next weekend in Bethlehem
- Life Lessons: New surgery cures child's epilepsy
- Local "singing doc" gets ready for his annual concert
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Updated April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program