Chef Mark Teseny from Folino Estate Vineyard & Winery shared some suggestions for cooking Easter brunch.
Folino Estate, located at 340 Old Route 22 in Kutztown, is having an Easter Sunday buffet Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It's $40 for adults, $15 for kids ages 4-10 and free for kids three and under. The event also includes an egg hunt and pictures with the Easter bunny.
Check out the recipes from Chef Teseny below.
Red Wine Glazed Carrots
Serves 4 (as a side dish)
4-6 large carrots
2 T honey
1 c semi-dry red wine
¼ c brown sugar
1 T butter
Pour the wine into a medium sauce pan. Add the honey and brown sugar and salt & pepper to taste. Over medium heat, stir until thoroughly combined and glaze starts to thicken. Add the carrots and stir occasionally until the carrots are tender and sauce is reduced to a glaze. Stir in the butter until melted. Serve hot.
1 lb Bucatini pasta
½ white onion
2 T olive oil
¼ lb pancetta (also great with leftover ham)
2 T parsley
1 ½ c parmesan cheese
Bring a pasta pot of water to a boil, generously salt the water. In a saute pan, add the olive oil cook the onions and pancetta over medium/high heat until cooked through and onions are translucent. While the onions and pancetta cook, add the bucatini to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. In a small bowl, whisk the three eggs and set aside. Toss the bucatini in with the pancetta and onion mixture. Add the reserved pasta water. When heated through, turn off the heat. In the same pan, mix in the eggs and parmesan cheese. Mix until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot. This dish pairs well with Traminette wine.
Rodale's Agriculture Supported Communities Program has a dual purpose: to provide community residents with access to fresh, locally grown organic produce while also training the next generation of organic farmers.Read More »
- Local organ recipient shares her story
- Life Lessons: Men and depression
- Sunrise Chef: Whole Foods
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Animals, rides, exhibitors and contests pack the Schnecksville Community Festival
- How to add some "frugal fireworks" to your 4th of July party
- Updated 2 dead in murder-suicide after barricade had extensive criminal history
- Suspects killed in apparent murder-suicide after standoff with police identified
- Young girl dies in South Manheim Twp. ATV crash
- 9-year-old killed in early morning Chester County fire
- Dog injured in Reading house fire
- Police investigate shots fired in Easton
- Police look for missing Douglassville woman
- New mountain slide opens at Camelback
- Man killed when car hits tree in Summit Hill
- Elderly woman dies weeks after crash in Allentown