Chef Mark Teseny from Folino Estate Vineyard & Winery shared some suggestions for cooking Easter brunch.
Folino Estate, located at 340 Old Route 22 in Kutztown, is having an Easter Sunday buffet Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It's $40 for adults, $15 for kids ages 4-10 and free for kids three and under. The event also includes an egg hunt and pictures with the Easter bunny.
Check out the recipes from Chef Teseny below.
Red Wine Glazed Carrots
Serves 4 (as a side dish)
4-6 large carrots
2 T honey
1 c semi-dry red wine
¼ c brown sugar
1 T butter
Pour the wine into a medium sauce pan. Add the honey and brown sugar and salt & pepper to taste. Over medium heat, stir until thoroughly combined and glaze starts to thicken. Add the carrots and stir occasionally until the carrots are tender and sauce is reduced to a glaze. Stir in the butter until melted. Serve hot.
1 lb Bucatini pasta
½ white onion
2 T olive oil
¼ lb pancetta (also great with leftover ham)
2 T parsley
1 ½ c parmesan cheese
Bring a pasta pot of water to a boil, generously salt the water. In a saute pan, add the olive oil cook the onions and pancetta over medium/high heat until cooked through and onions are translucent. While the onions and pancetta cook, add the bucatini to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. In a small bowl, whisk the three eggs and set aside. Toss the bucatini in with the pancetta and onion mixture. Add the reserved pasta water. When heated through, turn off the heat. In the same pan, mix in the eggs and parmesan cheese. Mix until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot. This dish pairs well with Traminette wine.
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe
- Students help in band selection & marketing of Musikfest
- Life Lessons: Nursery product-related injuries rising
- Interview etiquette: Are you ready to WOW your future boss?
- SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business