BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Bethlehem's Christkindlmarkt is in full swing and marking its 25th anniversary in the Christmas City.
WFMZ's Alexandra Hogan visited the market at the ArtsQuest campus Bethlehem's South Side campus to find out more about the market's 165 artisans, listen to some local music and try her hand at glass blowing.
Kassie Hilgert, president and CEO of ArtsQuest, said Christkindlmarkt drew about 70,000 visitors last year. The market has so far drawn about 22,000 visitors through the first two weeks, according to Hilgert.
New this year is "Drop While You Shop," which provides kids activities while parents shop. And the U.S. Postal Service is on site, so shoppers can ship those Christmas purchases right away.
The market is open Thursday through Sunday through Dec. 23.
- Updated Light wintry mix Tuesday, turning to steadier snow Wednesday
- DA formulating plan to bring Esterly back to Pennsylvania
- Fire destroys garage in Weisenberg Township
- Updated Wanted man arrested after allegedly firing shots from stolen gun
- Updated Uninvited guest arrested after trippy visit to North Whitehall home
- Driver charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Life Lessons: Drugstores: Deal or no deal?
- Muhlenberg gives nod to several projects
- Per-phase fee payment benefits developers, township
- Analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District