BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Bethlehem's Christkindlmarkt is in full swing and marking its 25th anniversary in the Christmas City.
WFMZ's Alexandra Hogan visited the market at the ArtsQuest campus Bethlehem's South Side campus to find out more about the market's 165 artisans, listen to some local music and try her hand at glass blowing.
Kassie Hilgert, president and CEO of ArtsQuest, said Christkindlmarkt drew about 70,000 visitors last year. The market has so far drawn about 22,000 visitors through the first two weeks, according to Hilgert.
New this year is "Drop While You Shop," which provides kids activities while parents shop. And the U.S. Postal Service is on site, so shoppers can ship those Christmas purchases right away.
The market is open Thursday through Sunday through Dec. 23.
- Life Lessons: Fearless female entrepreneurs
- PA Superior Court judges open up about 'Silence Breakers'
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Body image
- 5 smart money moves
- The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass to play Allentown
- Hanukkah celebrations underway at the Jewish Community Center of the Lehigh Valley
- Trio of suspicious fires have Hunterdon County authorities alarmed
- Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Space heater to blame for fatal Schwenksville fire
- Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- Community celebrates Hanukkah with latke cook-off
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Fire destroys a Leesport garage
- Shop with a Cop makes kids' Christmas brighter