Aside from stopping to pick up gifts for your loved one, it's also a popular weekend to pick up a Christmas tree.
Before you head out, Denny Beck, general manager from Beck Tree Farms in Hamburg, stopped by to give us some tips on choosing the perfect tree.
Prices usually range from $20 to $70 depending on the type of tree. Fraiser firs are the most expensive.
If the tree is a fresh cut, it will last longer. If the tree runs out of water even once, the sap will close the pores and it will no longer be able to drink.
Also, avoid placing your tree in direct sunlight, hot rooms or near heat sources. Thermal shock to the tree can produce early needle loss.
- Updated Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Updated Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Police: Group busted in Berks suspects in other East Coast thefts
- Updated Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Updated Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer