Aside from stopping to pick up gifts for your loved one, it's also a popular weekend to pick up a Christmas tree.
Before you head out, Denny Beck, general manager from Beck Tree Farms in Hamburg, stopped by to give us some tips on choosing the perfect tree.
Prices usually range from $20 to $70 depending on the type of tree. Fraiser firs are the most expensive.
If the tree is a fresh cut, it will last longer. If the tree runs out of water even once, the sap will close the pores and it will no longer be able to drink.
Also, avoid placing your tree in direct sunlight, hot rooms or near heat sources. Thermal shock to the tree can produce early needle loss.
Public voting is underway for the “What’s So Cool About Manufacturing?” campaign, that's making a big impact on our local workforce. Check out how you can get involved!Read More »
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Life Lessons: STEM: Calling all women
- Local travel agent gives deeper meaning to what travel is all about
- Drum off the calories with Pound
- Life Lessons: Playing ball with men
- Music Monday: Emily Barnes
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Good Samaritan recalls stabbing attack
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run