Aside from stopping to pick up gifts for your loved one, it's also a popular weekend to pick up a Christmas tree.
Before you head out, Denny Beck, general manager from Beck Tree Farms in Hamburg, stopped by to give us some tips on choosing the perfect tree.
Prices usually range from $20 to $70 depending on the type of tree. Fraiser firs are the most expensive.
If the tree is a fresh cut, it will last longer. If the tree runs out of water even once, the sap will close the pores and it will no longer be able to drink.
Also, avoid placing your tree in direct sunlight, hot rooms or near heat sources. Thermal shock to the tree can produce early needle loss.
- Students help in band selection & marketing of Musikfest
- Life Lessons: Nursery product-related injuries rising
- Interview etiquette: Are you ready to WOW your future boss?
- SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- Habitat for Humanity prepares for "She Nailed It" fundraiser
- Updated Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars and wins big
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe
- Warm again today with some sunshine