Aside from stopping to pick up gifts for your loved one, it's also a popular weekend to pick up a Christmas tree.
Before you head out, Denny Beck, general manager from Beck Tree Farms in Hamburg, stopped by to give us some tips on choosing the perfect tree.
Prices usually range from $20 to $70 depending on the type of tree. Fraiser firs are the most expensive.
If the tree is a fresh cut, it will last longer. If the tree runs out of water even once, the sap will close the pores and it will no longer be able to drink.
Also, avoid placing your tree in direct sunlight, hot rooms or near heat sources. Thermal shock to the tree can produce early needle loss.
It's the first week of summer and one community is celebrating the season with an annual fair.Read More »
- How to add some "frugal fireworks" to your 4th of July party
- Life Lessons: Filtered cigarettes
- The Longest Day raises awareness for Alzheimer's disease
- World War II Living History Weekend to take place in Bushkill Twp.
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Vulnerability and shame
- Life Lessons: Body language
- Updated DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Fire destroys building, several vehicles in Berks
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Updated Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- Updated Concerns in Emmaus about possible Rodale sale
- Updated New Jersey lawmakers try again to raise smoking age to 21
- Bloomsbury man guilty in sex assault case involving child
- Updated Health Beat: New treatment for CMS
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Reading School District
- Catty man allegedly exposes himself to teen, asks is she 'open minded'