ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It might not be spring yet, but it is already prom season!
Most high school proms are in April or May, so many girls are shopping now for the hottest looks.
Dress shops like Le Femme Boutique at 1931 W. Tilghman St. in Allentown say they've been packed.
"We have about 1200 different gowns here right now. We had a lot more but girls come in November and they start buying already, so things have been flying out the door here. We've been very busy," said Jane Heimbecker, owner of Le Femme Boutique.
Heimbecker says some of the biggest trends this year are lace and pearls.
Some dresses are made entirely of lace, while other ones have pearl accents or pearls instead of beading.
Other trends include geometric shapes and cut-outs, sheer panels, interesting backs, and dresses with shoulder straps.
The biggest trend in dress shape is the 'fit and flare,' followed by a modified A-line.
Experts say the biggest makeup trend is healthy, glowing skin, and a pop of color, whether it's on the lips, cheeks, or eyes.
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley