You haven’t even set foot outside of your house, but your morning routine could already be ruining your entire day. What mistakes are holding you back? Here are some common morning missteps.
Rise and shine! What do your mornings look like?
Did you know the mistakes you make in the AM could be sabotaging your whole day? The first big one: hitting your snooze button. The brief minutes of slumber you gain will place you in a sleep cycle you can’t complete. The result? You’ll wake up groggy.
The next no-no: checking your e-mail first thing. Those messages could cause unnecessary anxiety. Try to wait at least an hour. Another mistake: drinking coffee too soon. Your body naturally produces higher amounts of a hormone that regulates energy between eight and nine AM, so you probably won’t need the caffeine boost until about 9:30.
Another bad move: not drinking water right away. Try to start the day with about three cups of H2O. Also: don’t skip breakfast. A Harvard study showed missing this meal puts extra strain on your body. And the last mistake: showing up late to work! One study found bosses tend to give employees who come into the office late a lower performance rating – even if they stay later.
Another morning mistake is not getting any AM sunlight. A study out of Northwestern found people who get most of their natural light exposure after noon had higher body mass indexes than people who were exposed to sunshine in the morning.
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- East Greenville tables discussion of disbanding police department