ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It's become a favorite competition for local chefs, and it's not too late for you to be a part of the 18th annual Taste of Elegance Competition, which gets underway next week.
It's happening Monday night at Northampton Community College.
Denice Ferko-Adams, the coordinator of the event, stopped by 69 News at Sunrise to give us a preview.
Apricot-Mustard Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Time - 5 minutes prep, 15 minutes cook
Ingredients - Serves 4
1 pork tenderloin, (about 1 pound)
¼ cup apricot preserves or jam
¼ cup Dijon mustard
Garnish – fresh lemon thyme, minced
1. Stir together the preserves and mustard in a small bowl.
2. Place pork over a medium-hot fire and grill for about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees
3. Tent pork with foil and let it rest for 5-minutes before slicing.
4. Brush with mustard mixture in the last few minutes. Slice and garnish with fresh thymer
Mango Salsa – great side dish for any type of pork, e.g. jerk rubbed pork tenderloin
Times - 15 minutes prep, 0 minutes cook
Ingredients – Makes about 1 ½ cups
2 to 3 mangos, chopped
1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced*
1/4 C red onion, minced
4 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1. Stir together all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Serve cold or at room temperature.
*When handling hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to protect the skin.
These recipes are adapted from the website – www.porkbeinspired.com
Allentown, PA 18102