At this moment, nearly 118,000 people across the United States are waiting for an organ or tissue transplant. In Pennsylvania, 8,000 people are waiting for a life-saving donation.
Marleny Jimenez, of Reading, was one of those people. After she experienced flu-like symptoms, doctors informed her she had kidney failure.
After a year of dialysis and waiting on the organ transplant list, she received a donation. It was from her her boyfriend, Fernando, who insisted on being her match in both life and in organ donation.
To become an organ donor click here.
- Superintendent: 16 Parkland school buses destroyed, 14 damaged in fire
- Updated Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Updated Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Updated General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Updated Building affordable housing is a tough sell, businessmen say
- Updated Health Beat: Caloric restriction is a win-win
- Men accused of homicide, phone store robberies face new charges
- Updated Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses