ALLENTOWN, Pa. - What do Albert Einstein, Howie Mandel, Beethoven, and Tom Cruise all have in common?
They are all people with disabilities.
More than 54 million Americans have at least one disability, and, in the Lehigh Valley alone, there are nearly 90,000 people with disabilities.
July is very a special month for the disability community and Greg Bott, Director of Development at the Lehigh Valley Center for Independent Living, stopped by 69 News at Sunrise to tell us more.
The President of the National Down Syndrome Society visits 69 News at Sunrise to tell us about the work her organization is doing to improve the lives of people with Down Syndrome.Read More »
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Spice up your outdoor lunches
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?
- Music Monday: Morgan Reilly
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- Life Lessons: Stress and low birth weight
- Allentown police looking for driver who hit, dragged boy on bike
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- Giraffe arrives at Lehigh Valley Zoo
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Report: MGM/Sands sale falls through
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- Township manager says development at Braden Airpark in early stages
- Pennsylvania moves to comply with federal Real ID law