This holiday weekend marks the unofficial start to summer, but you don't have to go far for a summer getaway.
Mike Stershic, president of Discover Lehigh Valley, joined us on 69 News at Sunrise: Weekend Edition with some lesser-known local gems worth checking out this summer.
Some spots to hit in the Lehigh Valley include Leaser Lake, Valley Preferred Cycling Center, National Canal Museum & Canal Boat Ride, Lehigh Valley Zoo & Trexler Nature Preserve, Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites and Hoover Mason Trestle.
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Eagles fans weigh in on Wentz's injury, Foles' return
- DA: Parkland district, officers handling alleged threats
- Updated Flemington council gives nod to controversial Union Hotel redevelopment plan
- Updated After discussion, East Penn school board OK's full-day kindergarten
- No real estate tax increase for Spring Township residents
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Berks bus passenger describes NYC explosion scene as 'chaos'
- Expert sees partisanship in Pennsylvania congressional maps
- Pipe bomb detonates in New York bus terminal, commuters react