Nick and Nikki Sandt, co-owners of Culinary Experience and Catering in Hellertown, stopped by the WFMZ kitchen and added a new twist to classics like chicken tenders and mac and cheese.
Nick Sandt prepared mac and cheese with a combination of parmesan, cheddar, American and asiago cheeses over cavatappi pasta and topped with bacon.
Nikki Sandt, meanwhile, prepared baked chicken breaded with crushed cheese curls or pretzels. She said it's a fun way to get your kids to try something new, especially if they help you in the kitchen.
"Well the idea is, if you let them cook it and they can get their hands on it, they want it," she said. "If they've done it themselves they feel like, 'OK, I'll eat it.'"
They were joined by Joe Ciamprone, co-owner of The Hellertown Bakery, who prepared soft pretzels and bakery sweets.
- PA Superior Court judges open up about 'Silence Breakers'
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Body image
- 5 smart money moves
- The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass to play Allentown
- Hanukkah celebrations underway at the Jewish Community Center of the Lehigh Valley
- Life Lessons: Parents should be present during trauma care
- Light snow early this morning but clearing skies later in the day
- Early-morning fire drives Reading family from their home
- Updated Coroner on scene of train collision in Alburtis
- Family of Jamie Metzger never gave up hope they'd find her
- Schwenksville comes together to support Luken family
- Lukens family receives outpouring of support after deadly fire
- Abduction, robbery reported at Kutztown University
- Life Lessons: Fearless female entrepreneurs
- Lehigh County nursing homes to reap benefits from federal program
- Lower Nazareth hears request for usage changes for warehouse property