Nick and Nikki Sandt, co-owners of Culinary Experience and Catering in Hellertown, stopped by the WFMZ kitchen and added a new twist to classics like chicken tenders and mac and cheese.
Nick Sandt prepared mac and cheese with a combination of parmesan, cheddar, American and asiago cheeses over cavatappi pasta and topped with bacon.
Nikki Sandt, meanwhile, prepared baked chicken breaded with crushed cheese curls or pretzels. She said it's a fun way to get your kids to try something new, especially if they help you in the kitchen.
"Well the idea is, if you let them cook it and they can get their hands on it, they want it," she said. "If they've done it themselves they feel like, 'OK, I'll eat it.'"
They were joined by Joe Ciamprone, co-owner of The Hellertown Bakery, who prepared soft pretzels and bakery sweets.
- Updated Search continues in Berks for Southwest jet's missing pieces
- Publisher says model told her about Cosby 'rape'
- Man pleads guilty to killing of his cousin
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Liquidation firms win bid to take over Bon-Ton's assets
- Updated 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Updated Democrats, Republicans join forces to tackle climate change
- Updated Bethlehem mayor to be NCC commencement speaker
- New Jersey medical marijuana program moves to mobile platform
- Senate OKs anti-hazing bill drafted after Penn State death