Sergio Martinez and Javier Alvarado, cousins and co-owners of Golazo House at 123 W. Fourth St. in Bethlehem, stopped by the WFMZ kitchen to talk about their new restaurant.
The soccer-themed restaurant opened Nov. 1 on the city's south side and features Colombian-American fusion cuisine. And soccer fans are in luck and the restaurant features soccer matches all weekend long.
Arepa de Chocolo Asada con Queso (Griddled Corn Cakes with Cheese)
1 lb. sweet corn whole kernels (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
sliced choice of cheese
Grind frozen or fresh corn kernels in food processor until mostly fine. Add sugar, corn flour, cornstarch and salt to processed corn. Mix in bowl until batter is formed.
Pour tablespoon of batter onto griddle on medium high heat and spread into a pancake shape. Flip side after 2 minutes or until brown. Add two slices of cheese between two corn cakes.
2 cups cornmeal
2 cups warm water
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to form Arepa dough. Flatten dough with rolling pin or by hand to half inch thickness. Use cookie cutter to cut the shapes of Arepas.
Cook Arepas on medium high griddle until golden brown on each side. Place cooked burger patty and favorite burger ingredients between two cheesy Arepas.
Oblea machine (can buy online; Obleas can also be purchased already made from grocery store)
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon yuca starch
1 cup water
Mix ingredients in mixing bowl until it turns into a light batter. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter onto hot Oblea machine. Leave in machine until wafer is light and crispy.
Spread dulce de leche on one oblea, caramel on another oblea. Press the two obleas together.
- APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Pennsylvania's first marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Mayor champions Lafayette College expansion plans
- New Lower Saucon police chief a lifelong resident
- City Council acts to ensure vacancies filled by members of same party
- Association moving forward with plans to revitalize three neighborhoods
- Hamburg copes with half a foot of snow
- South Whitehall grants second extension to developer