The student-run restaurant is open for lunch and dinner year round Monday through Friday. Roth, also the co-owner of Mitzi's Table in Bethlehem Township, prepared duck confit pierogies and seared scallops.
Duck confit pierogies with sour cherry gastrique
5 baking potatoes boiled and mashed
1/2 cup caramelized onions
1/2 cup sour cream
Duck confit from 8 legs cut up
1/2 tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients and prepare your favorite pierogi dough - fill , crimp edges, boil in salted water toss with duck fat and saute until crisp.
Serve with sour cream and sour cherry gastrique
Sour cherry gastrique
Caramelized 2 cups sugar with 1/2 cup water
When amber add :
1 cup champagne vinegar
2 cups sour cherries
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup orange juice
Reduce until it is a syrupy consistency.
Seared scallops over carbonara couscous, green beans, and roasted pepper coulis
6 large scallops
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
Heat a saute pan on high and season scallops.
Place scallops in pan and do not move until you see the seat coming up the side of the scallop; turn and cook 1 minute remove so they don't over cook.
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. minced shallots
1/4 cup cooked bacon , crumbled
2 cups cooked Israeli couscous
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the first four ingredients on medium about 2 minutes; add the next four ingredients, simmer until slightly thickened and season.
Top with seared scallops and coulis drizzle.
In a blender combine:
2 roasted and peeled red peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cloves peeled garlic
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
Combine all until smooth.
- Life Lessons: Fearless female entrepreneurs
- PA Superior Court judges open up about 'Silence Breakers'
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Body image
- 5 smart money moves
- The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass to play Allentown
- Hanukkah celebrations underway at the Jewish Community Center of the Lehigh Valley
- Updated Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Updated Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Family describes Jamie Metzger's life at time of disappearance
- Health Beat: Cesium for prostate cancer
- Arts Around Town: Demkee marks 40 years as Allentown Band conductor
- Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack