Ryan Zellner, head chef at Slopeside Pub & Grill, and restaurant manager Talbot Houck stopped by the WFMZ kitchen to discuss the restaurant's new winter menu and Thanksgiving dinners to-go.
8 oz. ground elk burger
2 oz. apple butter
2 oz. cider braised onions
1 leaf lettuce
2 slices of tomato
1 onion poppy seed bun
Using a char grill, cook the burger for 4 minutes on each side over a medium high heat. Once cooked, assemble burger and enjoy.
Pork Belly Tacos
1/2 lb. raw pork belly
2 sprigs of thyme
1 oz. spicy brown mustard
Grated Swiss cheese
2 oz. fried pickles
2 oz. field greens
2 flour tortillas
Place the pork belly and thyme in a food storage bag and cook via Sous Vide for 24 hours at 155 degrees. Once cooked, chill in an ice bath.
Dice the pork belly and dry on a paper towel. Deep fry pieces of pork belly until crispy and brown. Season with salt and pepper. Assemble tacos and enjoy.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup milk
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
Mix graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. Combine butter and brown sugar in a mixer and cream together. One at a time add egg yolks then add vanilla.
Add milk and graham cracker crumb mixture while mixing on a low speed. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks with the sugar. Fold egg whites into the remaining batter.
Grease a 6-inch skillet with butter and bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. Once baked, top with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Return to the oven under the broiler on the lowest setting and allow the marshmallow to toast, not burn. Top with chocolate syrup and graham cracker crumbs.
- Updated Superintendent: 16 Parkland school buses destroyed, 14 damaged in fire
- Updated Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Updated PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night