N. WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - The Labor Day weekend means the unofficial end to summer, but it also means the peak of sweet corn season.
WFMZ's Alexandra Hogan visited Newhard Farms to learn how farmers get corn from the fields to your table. Farm co-owner Joel Newhard, a fifth generation farmer, said the rainy season has proved to be great for this year's harvest.
Newhards farms almost 3,000 acres, about 60 of which is sweet corn.
- Updated Man charged in fatal Allentown crash, believed to be in Dominican Republic
- National School Walkout renews calls for gun safety
- Life Lessons: Resumes can make or break you
- Lower Macungie hikes fee for developers
- Democratic candidates debate hot-button issues
- Northampton County disbanding gaming authority
- Updated Ray Neag warmly remembered; 'He's meant so much to Berks'
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition
- Terrifying health scare gets couple into running
- Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams