OREFIELD, Pa. - With only nine days left until Thanksgiving, one Lehigh County turkey farm is super busy!
Jaindl Turkey Farms, in North Whitehall Township, Orefield, is growing one-million of the birds this year. It's the biggest batch in 15 years. That's up from their typical 750,000.
The breeding and hatching process started back in January, and now, they're busy processing seven days a week.
The birds range from six to 40 pounds, and even include the Presidential turkey!
Dave Jaindl, owner and operator, said, "We've been supplying the turkey for the President of the United States for the past 50 years and that's an honor. We get asked by the National Turkey Federation each year, and it's not the one that gets pardoned, but it's two-30 pound turkeys that we send down."
Jaindl's retail store opens Wednesday, November 14, and will stay open through Thanksgiving.
Habitat for Humanity of the Lehigh Valley is raising money to build even more homes! Check out how you can help!Read More »
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Music Monday: Sal Ritz
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- Face It Co. offers organic, chemical-free beauty products
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal