TREXLERTOWN, Pa. - Riders and fans are getting geared up for a new season of professional bike racing.
The 2014 World Series of Bicycling kicks off Friday night at Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown.
Riders from all over the world, including some Olympic athletes, will be competing.
There are also new food options and new promotions for fans.
Organizers say if you've never been to a race before, this is the year to go.
"You'll see not only the best riders in the world are right here in the Lehigh Valley. You'll also get a great night of family entertainment. We have contests, we launch t-shirts into the crowd, we have trivia contests and things like that," said Shane Baglini, communications manager for Valley Preferred Cycling Center.
The year's first race begins at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the cycling center, located at 1151 Mosser Road.
For future race days and ticket information, visit the Valley Preferred Cycling Center website.
- Updated Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Windy and much cooler today, but seasonable for late February
- Updated PHOTOS: Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading