TREXLERTOWN, Pa. - Riders and fans are getting geared up for a new season of professional bike racing.
The 2014 World Series of Bicycling kicks off Friday night at Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown.
Riders from all over the world, including some Olympic athletes, will be competing.
There are also new food options and new promotions for fans.
Organizers say if you've never been to a race before, this is the year to go.
"You'll see not only the best riders in the world are right here in the Lehigh Valley. You'll also get a great night of family entertainment. We have contests, we launch t-shirts into the crowd, we have trivia contests and things like that," said Shane Baglini, communications manager for Valley Preferred Cycling Center.
The year's first race begins at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the cycling center, located at 1151 Mosser Road.
For future race days and ticket information, visit the Valley Preferred Cycling Center website.
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Memorial Day services across Berks County